Becoming a pediatric dentist can be one of the most rewarding career choices that one can make. Helping kids maintain a healthy mouth is quite honorable in anyone’s book. In this spirit, here are some interesting dentistry facts to learn before visiting the Pediatric Clinic in Elizabeth NJ.
* The average person has 32 teeth. The make-up of this amount includes 12 molar teeth, 8 pre-molar teeth, 4 canine teeth, and 8 incisor teeth.
* The top selling toothpaste in North America is none other than Colgate Total.
* A person has two sets of teeth in their lifetime. The baby teeth start to fall out right around the age of 6 or 7. By the time a person reaches the age of 21, they will have nothing but permanent adult teeth in their mouth.
* Two-thirds of the length of the tooth is actually within the gum. The tooth is covered with a very hard enamel called a crown. Within the tooth, there can be found the dentin and the pulp, which are much softer. There is the even nerve ending within the tooth.
* Almost 40% of people who have reached the age of 65 are missing at least one tooth.
* The average American spends just over 39 days a year brushing their teeth. This helps them have a healthy mouth when visiting the Pediatric Clinic in Elizabeth NJ.
* On average, almost 14 inches of dental floss are used annually by every single person in the United States.
* If that wasn’t big enough for you, the American public buys an astounding 14 million gallons of toothpaste every single year.
* Children who visit friendly dentists like the ones found at ChildSmilesFamilySmiles have been proven to maintain good dental hygiene throughout their entire lifetime.
* After graduating high school, dentists go on to 11 more years of schooling.
* Dentists recommend keeping a tooth brush at least six feet away from the toilet to save it from being contaminated with germs from the flush.
To make an appointment with a great dental clinic that will help the child maintain great dental health, click here to Visit website. A friendly staff awaits you.