The debate over whether microchipping your pets is a good idea or not is one that has raged on for a few years now. Reading about the benefits of microchipping your pets is a great way to decide if it’s indeed the right choice for you. It is good to keep in mind, however, that thousands of pets who have gone missing or been stolen have been reunited with their owners because of a simple microchip that can be placed at most any veterinary hospital in Logan Square. If you still aren’t convinced, read on for a few of the key benefits explained.
What is in a Microchip?
You have information about you and your pet embedded in the microchip so that if anything happens to your pet, you will be easy to find. Included in the microchip is the following:
* The owners contact information
* The name of your pet
* A description of your pet
* The contact information of the veterinary hospital in Logan Square that gave your pet the chip
More Key Benefits
Read on below for a few more benefits of microchipping your pet.
* All kinds of animals can be microchipped from cats to dogs and from ferrets to birds and many, many more
* You animal does not need to be put under in order to get the chip
* Your pet has no idea that he has been implanted with a chip
* The chip will remain in place, unlike collars or tags that can be taken off and thrown away
* Simply scanning an animal at the vet’s office can trace the pet back to you
These are just a few of the benefits of having your pet microchipped in today’s modern world. If you are considering it for your pet, contact the professionals at Portage Park Animal Hospital and Dental Clinic today.