If you suffer a minor injury at work and your employers workers comp insurance company is cooperative then there really is no need to consider hiring an attorney. You can usually forego legal assistance if:
* Your injury was minor
* You missed very little work due to the injury
* Your employer agrees to the fact the injury was work related, and
* You do not have any preexisting conditions
Other than these conditions, you should take full advantage to a free consultation that is offered by a Social Security, workers compensation & estate planning lawyer / attorney in Garden Grove. There are certain situations where you will require legal assistance, such as:
* If your claim is denied by your employer or you do not get the benefits you deserve promptly: It is not unknown for insurance companies to refuse a bona-fide claim as history has proven that many people in the situation do not appeal. A considerable percentage of employees that get injured at work simply accept the rejection. This is a perfect example of when you need a workers comp lawyer.
* The offer does not cover all your medical expenses and lost income: If you are of the opinion that the settlement offer is as it should be, hire an attorney.
* Retaliation: If your employer fires you, reduces the number of hours you work, drops your hourly wage rate; demotes you, etc simply because you filed an injury claim get in touch with a Social Security, workers compensation & estate planning lawyer / attorney in Garden Grove as soon as possible.
The workers comp system was set up in such a fashion that injury claims were kept out of the courts. You can go to court in certain circumstances, especially when there is a third party involved. If, for example, your injury was caused by a piece of faulty equipment you can sue the equipment manufacturer for compensation.
Insurance companies employ skilled lawyers, so should you. If you feel you are not being treated correctly after a workplace injury you should hire a Social Security, workers compensation & estate planning lawyer / attorney in Garden Grove. You are invited to contact the Law offices of Norman J. Homen.