The basement of a home can quickly experience water damage if it has not gone through proper Basement Waterproofing in Rockville. It is imperative homeowners are able to recognize the signs they need waterproofing services so they will know when to seek the professionals. With these services, a basement and its foundation will be protected from water damage.
Signs a Basement Needs Waterproofing
Waterproofing a basement is one of the most important things a person can do for protecting against water damage. Knowing the warning signs of problems will allow a homeowner to know when they need to seek the professionals for Basement Waterproofing in Rockville. The following are some of the most common signs homeowners will begin to notice.
* One of the first things homeowners begin to notice is a musty odor. This smell is unmistakable for signaling there is an abundance of moisture in the air.
* Mold growth is also a telltale sign of moisture problems in a basement. Mold needs moisture to flourish and some types of mold can be dangerous.
* Efflorescence is a white substance that is chalky and rises to the surface of the basement walls. This material is created from the salt leaching out of the blocks after they have been wet.
* A homeowner may notice cracks in their walls and it is imperative these are not ignored or they will only continue to worsen.
* Moisture issues may also cause the walls to become bowed inward or outward. This is an issue that could end up causing major problems with the entire foundation.
* Water stains on the block walls of a basement are also a sign of moisture problems. If a homeowner is seeing any signs of water stains, they need to make sure they seek waterproofing.
Why Is Waterproofing So Important?
Waterproofing helps to fully seal the basement walls so they are no longer porous. Sealing the blocks in the basement helps to prevent water from leaching inside and causing damage to the basement and foundation.