There are many homeowners today who are taking advantage of using bricks for Paving in Waterford CT. Paving bricks are bricks that lay completely flat on the ground. The bricks are able to withstand both hot and cold temperatures as well as snow, rain and heavy foot traffic. There are many reasons as to why one may choose to use paving bricks over using another type of building materials. Follow are a few reasons as to why paving bricks are a popular building material.
Uses for Paving Bricks
- Many possibilities for design- There are numerous brick patterns to choose from when laying paving bricks. For example, an individual can build a walkway or patio with a more elegant and classy look or choose to make them more laid-back and informal. With so many patterns to choose from, there is sure to be a look for everyone.
- Easy installment process- Paving bricks are relatively easy to install, making it easy for a weekend job or an on-the-go homeowner.
- Durability- Paving bricks are known for their lasting durability, making them an excellent choice for driveways, walkways, and patios.
Laying Paving Bricks
Adequate preparation work is necessary when using paving bricks. The ground on which they will be laying must be graded so that water drains from the surface, and the subgrade must have a draining layer of compacted materials to support the brick surface.
After the prep work has been completed, the bricks, may either be installed on a sand setting bed with sand-swept joints or mortared in place on top of a concrete foundation. The surest way to ensure a lasting brick surface is to create a well-established foundation.
- Mortar method- this method requires the bricks to be mortared in place on a concrete slab with mortared joints between them.
- Sand method- The sand method requires more maintenance due to the sand needing periodic additions. Mold and tiny weeds can also grow between the joints. If choosing to use sand, it is best to use polymeric sand as it binds together and does not need to be replaced.
Bricks for Paving in Waterford CT is a beautiful alternative to concrete and will last for many years to come if properly maintained. For more information on the many ways that you can use paving bricks, visit Website today. You can also visit them on Facebook.