If you’ve been injured at work, you may be wondering if you need a workers comp lawyer in Baltimore MD. Workers’ compensation is a system that provides benefits to employees who are injured or become ill as a result of their job.
In most workers’ compensation will cover medical expenses and a portion of your lost wages. However, there are some instances where you may need the help of a workers comp lawyer.
Here are some reasons why you might need to hire a workers’ compensation lawyer:
- Your employer denies your claim. An attorney can help you appeal your claim and get the compensation you deserve.
- Your employer does not have workers compensation insurance.
- Your benefits have been denied or delayed. It’s stressful to worry about money when you’re also trying to deal with your injuries.
- You are not able to return to work because of your injuries. Some injuries are severe enough to keep you away from work temporarily or forever.
- You need help filing a claim. The process of workers’ compensation can be confusing and overwhelming, especially if you’re worried about money and trying to heal from an injury.
- You believe you are the victim of discrimination or retaliation.
- You have questions about your rights. It’s best to get official legal advice from an expert.
- You need help understanding the workers compensation process. A lawyer can put the process into terms that make sense to those with no legal experience.
If you are injured at work, it’s important to seek legal help as soon as possible. A workers comp lawyer in Baltimore MD can help you navigate the workers compensation system and get the benefits you deserve.