While most people know they need to care for their health, seeing the doctor is not always high on a person’s agenda. No one wants to have to waste time seeing the doctor, only to find out there is nothing wrong with them. While not all serious ailments present major symptoms, there are five warning symptoms that should be reported to the Family Doctor in Wichita Kansas. These are symptoms that should not be ignored since they could mean a person is in a serious health crisis.
* The signs of a heart attack can be crushing or practically silent. Anytime a person begins to experience chest pain; it behooves them to seek treatment from the Family Doctor in Wichita Kansas. Heart attacks may also cause pain in the jaw, shoulder, and back. Often, a person will also feel short of breath.
* A stroke can occur at any age and even children sometimes suffer from this condition. Signs of a stroke include limb weakness, dizziness, numbness, loss of vision, slurred speech, drooping facial muscles on one side of the face, and severe headache. These signs should never be ignored since they can be life-threatening.
* Lung issues can come on suddenly but typically develop over a longer period of time. A persistent cough, shortness of breath, wheezing, or coughing up blood could be signs of infection, asthma, or even lung cancer. If these symptoms persist, it is imperative a person seeks their doctor for the diagnosis.
* Reproductive issues are common in women. Bleeding between periods, unusual vaginal discharge, pelvic pain, and pain and irritation during urination could be signs of infection. A full pelvic exam and testing should be carried out.
* Digestive problems can also be serious. If a person notices blood in their stool, chronic constipation or diarrhea, stomach pain, or black stools, it is important they see their doctor right away, to rule out any serious digestive conditions.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is imperative you see the doctor right away. If you would like to learn more about these conditions and the services offered by the family doctor, Click here.