Estate planning, living wills, or any type of legal matters that pertain to what should happen after you pass away or become incapacitated are very important decisions to make. Today with the availability legal documents online, people select to establish their final wishes on their own. However, this can be a costly mistake that their family will pay for later if not completed correctly. That is why when it comes to planning an estate or living wills a lawyer in Moline, IL area should be hired to document your final wishes.
Reasons to Hire Lawyer for End of Life Decisions
- A living wills lawyer in Moline, IL has the expertise and knowledge required to ensure the documents are legal.
- The correct legal terminology should be used to make sure the document clearly states the individual’s wishes.
- Reduces the risk of a mistake being made that can make the documents invalid and easy to contest.
- If not documented correctly, it can leave your family at risk for high court fees if your medical decisions end up before the court system.
- An attorney can assist in any changes that need to be made later if your family structure or wishes should ever change.
Protect Your Legal Rights with a Trusted Attorney
If you should become incapacitated, it does not mean you cannot still retain some control over the medical decisions that are made for you. David J. Franks Attorney at Law offers the services that you require to help establish a living will and make your final wishes known. From appointing a representative to critical medical decisions, their firm can create the legal document that you need to protect your rights. Start today by contacting their firm to learn more information on how they can help plan your estate and legally document your final wishes.