As the winter approaches, the necessity of ensuring your furnace is in proper working order becomes priority. Because you do not wish to get caught in the middle of winter with a broken furnace, it would be good if you could watch for warning signs that your furnace is about to go out. An HVAC company in Peachtree City that offers Peachtree City Best Furnace Repair have seen a few issues that are common to customers who have called with furnace woes. Here are some tips that will help you determine when your furnace is about to go on the blink.
• If your furnace is making excessive noise, chances are some components have become loose. It could also be a bad belt or some bearings. In any case, you will want to get a maintenance tech to check it out as soon as possible.
• If the furnace is not working even though you are adjusting the thermostat, but the thermostat is working, then the problem lies in your furnace. You will want to get it looked at it quickly before the problem worsens.
• When your energy bill is extremely high, you may want to check your furnace. There is obviously a leak somewhere in your HVAC system.
• If you have a gas furnace and the pilot light is burning yellow, you will need a repair technician to investigate your furnace quickly. A yellow pilot could be the sign of carbon monoxide leaks, which can be fatal. The normal color for a pilot light is blue.
• If your furnace is more than 15 years old, or you have had more than one repair to it in the past couple of years, it may be that you need to replace it, or at least have it looked at thoroughly. The average life span of a furnace is no more than 20 years.