Choosing the final disposition for oneself or for the remains of a loved one can be a challenging proposition. While burial has been the traditional choice for final disposition, Cremation in Bel Air is emerging as a popular option. Many people are unfamiliar with cremation as an option, but it has several positives associated with it that might make it the right choice for a family.
Reasons to Choose Cremation
- Families are more mobile.
- When families stayed in one location, burial plots in cemeteries were a way for people to stay connected to loved ones. Cremation allows people to take their loved one’s remains with them when they move.
- Cremation is less expensive than burial.
- Burial costs are surprisingly expensive, because of the costs of funeral plots and the coffins required to bury them. Cremation can cost a fraction of what a burial would cost.
- Cremation is a more environmentally-friendly final disposition.
- Burial not only takes up valuable land space but also introduces all of the components of the coffin into the ground.
- More religions are accepting cremation.
- Previously, many religions opposed cremation as a final burial option, but there have been changes. Many religions have lifted their prohibitions on cremation and others even embrace the practice.
- Evolving memorial practices support cremation.
- Memorials and funerals once focused on the burial process, but modern memorials have increased flexibility that can include cremation.
- Cremation is globally preferred over burial
- As America has become more multicultural, it has embraced other cultural practices, which has led to Cremation in Bel Air becoming increasingly popular.
- Cremation is a good option for blended families.
- When there have been remarriages or multiple sets of siblings and half-siblings, there may be disputes about final disposition. Cremation allows for sharing of the remains and honoring different aspects of the family.
Still Have Questions?
Many people are unfamiliar with cremation as an option for final disposition. For those who have questions, Evans Funeral Chapel and Cremation Services can provide the answers. Give them a call or browse the website to find out more information about cremation or other options for funerals, burials, and memorials.