A heating system can last up to twenty years, depending on how well it is cared for. When the system begins reaching the end of its lifespan, it is important homeowners begin considering heating system replacement. Ideally, homeowners should consider replacing their heater before it completely dies so they have time to fully research their purchasing options and make a sound decision. With this information, homeowners can know what warning signs to look for.
- If a furnace is over fifteen years old and has needed frequent repairs, it is time for heating system replacement in Denver CO. A furnace that has reached this age will rarely be able to keep up with the demands of properly heating a home. A new heater can be more energy efficient, which can end up saving a homeowner a lot of money on their energy costs.
- When homeowners begin seeing major and consistent energy cost increases, it is important they begin considering a heater replacement. The newer models are more energy efficient so a homeowner’s energy costs can be greatly reduced. If cost increases occur outside of repair issues, it may be time to replace the heater.
- Should a heater begin making strange noises during operation, it is crucial a homeowner has their system inspected. Strange noises could mean a heater is beginning to fail. Although repairs may be able to be carried out, once these issues occur, they almost always return.
- When homeowners are finding their home never seem to be at a comfortable temperature, no matter how they set the thermostat, the age of the heater may be to blame. This issue generally means the heater is not able to keep up with the demands of heating the home.
- If strange smells are occurring or the home seems overly humid, the heater may be failing and need to be replaced. Issues in operation can cause strange smells in the home.
If you are a homeowner who is experiencing any of these issues, it may be time to consider purchasing a new heating system.