While many homeowners know a leaking roof means they need a replacement, other signs of roofing issues are not so obvious. Understanding the warning signs to look for when a Roof Replacement Tucson is needed can allow a homeowner to be fully prepared so they will know when to call a roofer. The sooner a damaged roof is repaired, the less likely other damages will occur, causing greater expense. Homeowners need to consider these factors when deciding on roof replacement:
1. The average lifespan of a roof is twenty to twenty-five years. If a roof is reaching the end of its lifespan and is beginning to show signs of wear, it is important to call a contractor for Roof Replacement Tucson. It is always best to be proactive and prepare when a roof is growing older. Visit here to find out more.
2. Shingles that are curling up, buckling, and coming loose should never be ignored. The shingles of a roof are crucial for its protection. If the shingles are not providing a proper seal, water will be allowed to pool on the wood supporting structures of a roof, which can lead to rotting and ceiling leaks.
3. If a homeowner notices the roof is dipping or sinking in the middle, this is a definite sign of a need for a Roof Replacement Tucson. Once this type of damage occurs, it means the wood supports have become rotten or damaged. If a roof replacement is not installed, the homeowner risks a roof collapse.
4. Homeowners may also notice shingle particulate in the gutters. While some degree of shedding granules is normal, the amount should not be excessive. If the roof particulate is breaking down, this means the shingles are no longer offering protection as they should.
5. Wetness, mold, and mildew in the attic may all be signs there are problems with a roof. It is important for a homeowner to have their roof checked to determine if there is a minor leak that can be fixed or if the home needs a complete roof replacement.
Homeowners needing help with a roof should contact Ralph Hays Roofing. These roofing professionals can inspect a roof to determine what work needs to be done. Contact them right away and learn how they can take care of any roof concerns.