The ancient healing system combining acupressure, Indian Ayurvedic principles, and yoga postures; is known as Thai Yoga or Thai Massage in Honolulu HI. Traditional Thai massage does not use oils or lotions. The recipient of the massage remains fully clothed and remains in full contact with the therapist. However, rather than kneading and rubbing sore muscles, the therapist relieves the individual of their pain through compressing, pulling, stretching, and rocking his or her body.
While it may be difficult to avoid some discomfort when targeting sore and tight muscles, the massage therapist should adjust their level of pressure and movements to assure the individual is enjoying themselves.
Benefits of Thai Massage
Thai massage, just like any other type of massage offers its many benefits. However, Thai massage is said to alleviate pain and improve areas related to different body areas in the following ways:
- Relieve tension headaches
- Reduce back pain, typically associated with sciatica and chronic nonspecific back pain
- Relieve muscle pain and joint stiffness
- Increases range of motion
- Stimulates lymphatic draining
- Boosts energy
Considerations Prior to Scheduling
When an individual decides he or she will greatly benefit from Thai Massage in Honolulu HI, there are a few steps to take to ensure they find a reputable massage therapist and that the massage session runs smoothly.
- Identify what the overall goals of the session will be. Are they to reduce stress? Live without chronic or acute pain? Improve range of motion? All of these are important questions to ask yourself prior to making an appointment
- Obtain references from a well- trusted friend or family member. This will ensure honest feedback about what type of experience to expect
- Decide whether there is a preference in the gender of the therapist, the amount of time for the massage and the location
- Contact the business to gather information. This can include asking questions such as what styles and techniques are used? How many years has the therapist been practicing? What training and advanced certifications do they have?
Thai massage and other types of massages are highly beneficial for the mind, body, and soul. Act now and schedule an appointment to begin receiving the wonderful benefits. Visit Thai-Issan Therapeutic Massage, today. You can also visit them on YouTube Channel.