Facing the dilemma of having to repair a hydraulic pump can seem daunting, but there are some troubleshooting tips that can be quite handy in solving the problem. Here are some expert tips on Hydraulic Pump Repair in Joliet Illinois that should be followed whenever this problem arises.
Excessive Noise Or Abnormal Noise From Pump
If the noise is coming from the pump, this could be due to one of four factors.
* Cavitation has occurred. If this is the case, the strainers should be replaced, the clogged inlet line should be cleaned, the reservoir in the breather vent should also be cleaned, and the motor speed should be checked as it may be set an improper level.
* Air may have become present in the fluid. To solve this, tighten the connection to the inlet in case it is leaky, fill the reservoir to the appropriate level, bleed any air from the system, and check the pump shaft seal to see if it needs to be replaced.
* The coupling may be loose. Check the coupling to see if it needs to be tightened and look at the condition of the seals and bearings. They may be excessively worn and in need of replacement.
* If the pump itself seems to be physically damaged or excessively worn, then it will need to be replaced instead of undergoing Hydraulic Pump Repair in Joliet Illinois.
Excessive Noise Or Abnormal Noise From Motor
If the noise is coming from the motor, it may be because of the following.
* The motor may have misaligned couplings. If this is the case, first check the condition of the couplings and, if they are still in good condition, realign them. If their condition is poor, they will obviously need to be replaced.
* The motor may be excessively worn or physically damaged. If this is the case, it is best to replace the motor due to safety concerns.
If one is not comfortable repairing the hydraulic pump themselves, they can always call experienced professionals such as Miller Hydraulic Service Inc. They have the knowledge necessary to ensure the job is done correctly and safely.