If your garage door isn’t working the way it once did, you may be thinking it is time for an upgrade. However, that may not be the case. You may simply need a repair or a few replacement garage door parts to get it up and running again. Your Vero Beach, Florida home may be back to tip-top shape once a repairman swaps a part or two.
When you call to inquire about having repairs done, it is important that you be able to accurately describe the garage door itself as well as any issues that you might be having. To help you better understand your garage door, we have put together this simple guide.
Types of Doors
Your Vero Beach, FL home may have one of any number of types of garage doors. We have listed the different types here:
- Steel Doors-Made from heavy gauge steel, these types of doors are very durable and also relatively low-maintenance.
- Wooden Doors-Seen on higher-end homes, wooden doors are high-maintenance and require a lot more care than the other types of doors.
- Aluminum Doors-One of the more popular options because they are less expensive and don’t rust.
- Fiberglass Doors-This is also an inexpensive option, and the doors are light-weight.
- Vinyl Doors-A low-maintenance option, but they don’t work as well in colder climates due to the lack of insulation (not a problem for Florida homeowners!)
Not all doors open in the same way. When you call to request repairs, the technician may ask you how your door opens or lifts.
- Sectional Doors (the most common type)
- Swing Out Doors
- Swing Up or Tilt-Up Doors
- Roll-up Doors Slide Doors
Garage Door Parts
Now that we have covered the basics of the garage doors, we will break down the parts themselves:
- Panels-these are the parts that you see from the outside of the door.
- Hinges-these are found between the sections of the panels, and they allow the door to bend.
- Astragal-this is the rubber seal on the bottom of the door.
- Vertical Track-if you have a sectional door, the door will have a vertical track on each side.
- Rollers-The rollers are what moves through the track to lift up the door.
At Paradise Garage doors, your qualified technicians understand all of the garage door parts no matter what type of door your Vero Beach, FL home has. We can repair or replace any style or type of door. Call one of our dedicated customer service representatives to discuss your garage door needs.