If you have just introduced a new dog or cat to your family or you are new to the area you will need to locate a veterinarian. A pet is an important member of a family and its doctor should be chosen with the same care that you would use if you were choosing a family doctor. Think about those issues that are of particular importance to you; perhaps you take public transport therefore location is important, if you find it difficult to get off work during the day then late opening or weekend clinic hours would be important. For many pet owners the best veterinarian is one that displays a great deal of warmth and compassion, someone who is friendly to both you and your pet and is committed to providing the best possible pet care.
One of the best ways to identify a candidate is through a recommendation. Ask pet owners that you know what veterinarian they use and find out if they are satisfied with the level of service and professionalism. Even when you get a few names you will still want to check thoroughly; remember, nobody knows your pet better than you and it is your pet’s health that is really at the top of the list. There are a few things that you can do to ensure that you end up with the best veterinarian.
* Credentials: It is important to confirm that the vet graduated from an accredited school and has attained a degree in Veterinary Medicine.
* Service: Your pet will be justifiably nervous, your vet should be one that will take the time that is necessary to comfort the animal as well as give you ample time to ask whatever questions are important to you. Avoid a vet that overbooks appointments.
* Accessibility: Many animals are not good travelers; try to find a vet that is close to your home. The best veterinarian is one that can deal with an emergency whenever it crops up, you will want a vet that can take a few minutes to talk on the phone if you have a concern or question.
* Facilities: It goes without saying that the clinic should be spotless, you will not want to take your pet to a clinic which is not well maintained; sanitation, cleanliness and organization are important.
* Personality: The vet and staff should be compassionate and be genuinely concerned about the well being of your pet. Over the years you will spend considerable time with these people, make sure they can help you make difficult decisions if and when it becomes necessary.
By taking a little time up front you will be able to find the best veterinarian, one that will serve the needs of your pet for many years to come.
If you are looking for the best veterinarian in Torrance, one that truly cares about keeping your pet healthy and happy then you will be pleased with the full service offered by Western Veterinary Group in Torrance. You can also follow them on Twitter.