Austin Business brokers are intermediaries in the buying and selling of small to medium-sized, privately owned businesses. They act as a buffer between the buyer and seller, helping to smooth over any problems and keep negotiations moving forward on a neutral footing without emotions getting in the way.
In Austin, business brokers – whether they are individuals or companies – must be registered as a dealer, or an agent of a dealer, with the Securities Commissioner.
Historically, business brokers have usually represented sellers, but it is becoming more and more common for them to also represent buyers, and there is no doubt that they have much to offer both parties.
Benefits to Sellers
* Exposure to a far wider and more extensive pool of prospective buyers than you could ever hope to achieve on your own.
* Professional valuation of your business to give you a realistic, market-related price.
* Extensive experience in similar transactions and will help guide you through the entire selling process.
* Allow the owner to concentrate on running the business while the broker deals with the sale, thus reducing the risk of business erosion during the sale process.
* Will contact buyers directly, but will maintain the confidentiality of your business until negotiations are quite advanced. In this way your employees, vendors, suppliers and clients will only know about the sale when you make the announcement.
* Will screen all prospective buyers for financial viability so that you only deal with qualified buyers.
* Will draft an offering summary, or confidential business review. This is a vitally important marketing tool but is only given to prospective buyers after they have signed a confidentiality agreement.
* Facilitate a due diligence investigation.
Benefits to Buyers
* Will work to find suitable businesses that match your knowledge and skills set, as well as meet criteria such as size and location.
* They understand the market and know where the smart money is and what the current trends are.
* Prescreen businesses so that you avoid bad risks.
* Has extensive knowledge of rules and regulations and understands all the laws pertaining to permits, financing, escrow etc.
* Will handle all the paperwork and liaison between the CPA, lawyers, bankers, insurance agents, etc.
Visit us to see how Sunbelt Business Advisors and Houston Business Brokers can help you buy or sell your business.